Tax Relief for Charitable Donors

Tax Relief for Donors – Individuals, Trusts and Corporations

giftingCantax2Charitable giving offers benefits to both the donor and the communities served by the charities receiving the donations. Canada supports private-sector charitable giving by granting:


Qualified donees

To receive tax benefits, donations must be to qualified donees. These are:

  • registered Canadian charities (including Canadian universities and colleges);
  • registered Canadian amateur athletic associations;
  • certain non-profit housing corporations for the elderly;
  • the United Nations and related agencies;
  • Canadian or provincial governments, crown foundations and municipalities;
  • foreign charities to which the government of Canada has made a gift in the donor’s taxation Year or in the 12 months preceding that year;
  • prescribed foreign universities.


To be able to offer you a tax receipt for charitable donations the charity needs to be registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

  • No comments found
UnionStation.jpg ROM1.jpg HartHouse, TorontoON.jpg CottageCountry2.jpg Croatian Franciscan Centre.jpg Goose1.jpg Niagara vineyard.jpg Western U.jpg Pearson.jpg TorontoBeach.jpg vineyard2.jpg Brock U.jpg escarpment.jpg Sunset1.jpg badlands.jpg Via_1.jpg cottagecountry.jpg RoyalYork.jpg Moose.jpg TorontoWaterFront.jpg Eaton's Center.jpg WindMill.jpg lightning.jpg parliament.jpg Rogers Center 1.jpg Rogers Center-football.jpg Univerity college U of T, Toronto, ON.jpg Hockey Hall of Fame, Toronto, ON.jpg Halton Country.jpg Ukranian Church.jpg Burlington.jpg LondonSkyline.jpg Queens U 2.jpg Rogers Center 2.jpg Yonge St.jpg Hamilton.jpg Queens U.jpg Niagara falls.jpg CanadianRail.jpg York U.jpg Guelph U.jpg toronto harbour.jpg Wolf Lake.jpg CFL TigerCat Cheerleaders, Hamilton, ON.jpg Lake Muskoka.jpg